BSM is running the network of 503 electric vehicle charge points located on public roads and in municipal car parks in every district.
The network has:
- Points of fast loading Road: 17
- Semipepic loading points Roadway: 8
- Road charging points Road: 112
- Cargo points Car car-parking: 192
- Points of loading Moto Parking places: 174
B:SM is working to provide the city with the necessary infrastructures and make electro mobility the referred means of motorised transport as part of the transition towards a sustainable and environmentally friendly mobility model, while also guaranteeing the healthy?city concept, improving citizens’ quality of life. Electric mobility brings energy?related, environmental and economic advantages.
Electric vehicle charge points in Barcelona
Locate all the charge points distributed across numerous stations in every district and charge your vehicle so you can drive fume - free.
Electric vehicle charge cards are essential for charging your electric vehicle. This is a personal card giving you access to the use of Barcelona’s public network of electric vehicle charge points at a 100% discounted rate.
Advantages of Zero Emissions vehicles:
Zero Emissions vehicles (motorcycles, cars and vans) are the ones classed under Spain's
Directorate General of Traffic (DGT) Register of Vehicles as:
BEV battery electric vehicles (BEV),
REEV range extended electric vehicles,
PHEV plug in hybrid electric vehicles with a minimum range of 40 km and fuel?cell vehicles.
Owning a Zero Emissions vehicle has its advantages electric vehicles have a 75% discount on their mechanically powered vehicle tax zero emissions vehicles can park in blue and green AREA parking places at a 0 euro rate, provided they keep to the maximum parking times and regulated hours. They are not entitled, however, to use places exclusively for residents or reserved places.
Advantages in energy terms:
- They are more efficient than conventional vehicles.
- They help to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
- They enable the incorporation of renewable energies into the mobility sector.
- They contribute towards distributed generation and encourage self?sufficiency.
Advantages in environmental terms:
- They do not generate emissions or particulates with local emissions: PM10, NOx, CO, CO2
- They reduce noise pollution.
Advantages in economic terms:
- They are speeding up the development of smart grids
- They are consolidating an innovative industrial sector.
- They are contributing to territorial rebalancing.
- They enable connectivity and interaction with ICTs.