Entrance on Baixada de La Glòria reopened
With the end of the repair works, the direct route from the Vallcarca metro stop is now open to the public
The repair works at the Baixada de la Glòria entrance are all done. The works landscaped a significant area located over the access stairs on this road. The works, which cost approximately € 450,000, were funded by revenues from the tourist regulation of the Park’s Monument Hub.
The end of the works represents the revival of the entrance and exit from Park Güell on Baixada de la Glòria, which is the most common way to get to the park from the Vallcarca metro stop.
Creation of a new park area with views toward Putxet
The new space created is a 320m2 scenic viewpoint facing Putxet, with a series of small esplanades. Access to the viewpoint was done by building stairs and paths, respecting and restoring the remains of existing dry stone walls. Both the stairs and the paths were constructed with vibrated brush-finished concrete prepared on site, although rock outcrops will be kept and employed as paving or steps.
The works done were:
• Cleaning and adaptation of the surrounding area
• Clearing and pruning of existing plant life
• Accessibility and treatment of pavements
• Safety of all routes
• Lighting for the path and new viewpoint
• Landscaping and scenic enhancement
• Protection—via handrails—of points that must not be accessible due to safety reasons or to conserve the dry wall ruins
• Selective cleaning of remains
• Urban furniture